Chin operation or otherwise Chin augmentation or Genioplasty aims at reshaping the chin in order to better match the other facial characteristics.
The operation of Chin augmentation is made by inserting implant through the mouth or with a small external incision in the skin of the chin.
- Placement in the surgical bed
- Antisepsis area
- Apply local anesthetic, sedation analgesia or general anesthesia depending on the case
- Preparation of the area where the implant will be placed through the mouth or with a small external incision in the skin of the chin.
- Inserting implant in chin area
- Suturing the incisions
- Local and rarely general
- When combined with rhinoplasty or other major operations, it is general anesthesia.
Duration of surgery
Usually 30 minutes and if combined with other operations can all be up to 3 hours
Stay in the clinic
The patient leaves clinic six hours after surgery. In conjunction with other procedures such as UvuloPalatoPharyngoPlasty, patient leaves next morning.
Combination with other operations
Often combined with other facial surgeries such as rhinoplasty so called profiloplasty and can be combined with blepharoplasty, otoplasty, liposuction or Facelift.
Instructions after surgery
- Patient can leave the clinic the same day in the evening or the following morning.
- After surgery a special dressing is placed for 48 hours.
- May appear small oedema (swelling) in the region while there is usually a slight discomfort which subsides with ordinary painkillers.
- For one week recommended eating soft foods.
- Returning to work after about 7 days.
- The result is shown immediately but you will see the final configuration in 1-1.5 months.