The term facelift is the set of techniques used by properly trained plastic surgeon to reverse and slow down the normal process of time and gravity.
Methods used are many and depend on the needs and requirements of each person. But preferred techniques that have to do with the recovery and restoration of the deeper layers of the face (high smas tehniques), despite the suspension sutures give much shorter effect.
- Placement in the surgical bed
- Antisepsis area
- Apply local anesthesia and general anesthesia or sedation analgesia (if required)
- Local anesthetic solution for hemostasis reasons
- Skin detachment, suspension of loosened tissue and suture
- Suturing the incisions
- Sedation analgesia
- Monitored Anaesthesia Care (MAC - a combination of local anesthesia and sedation): the most modern method of anesthesia in plastic surgery
- General anesthesia
Duration of surgery
2-3 hours (depending on the existing problem)
Stay in the clinic
For precautionary reasons, the patient remains in hospital for one or two days after surgery. In less extensive surgery patients can go home the same day.
On total lifting, the result is visible in a month. On partial lifting, in about 3 weeks.
Combination with other operations
Combination with other operations depends on the real problems and desires of the patient, always with the advice of a doctor.
Instructions after surgery
- Usually it is planned to stay at the clinic for two nights.
- You will wear a bandage-corset.
- The first visit is by appointment in the doctor’s office and in accordance with his instructions.
- You will notice some swelling around the face and eyelids, which recedes from the tenth to the twentieth day gradually.